Monday, May 17, 2010

I used to work with a programmer that was a partial owner of a convenience store. He always told us that items that do not sell quickly are not given shelf space. I always look around convenience stores to see what items must be selling and meeting today's consumer needs. I was amazed to see racks of game cards at the local convenience store and gas stations. Someone is buying game cards for Farmville, Mafia Wars, Social City, etc. and converting their hard earned dollars into the virtual currency used in these games. These games are played over social networking sites and are free to play. The problem comes about when you want the premium items available for sale in these games. I play several of these games and have been tempted to purchase a card or two to accelerate my game play. The game developers have a terrific business model that I wish I had thought of first.

No comments:

Post a Comment